The fashion industry is one of the worst industries in relation to environmental impact. So, to help bring this to light I recycled a pair of jeans I owned. Here's how...
These old boyfriend jeans were too big for me and I needed a way to make them smaller.
So, the first thing I did with these jeans was shred the top of the belt loop to create a distressing affect. Also, I used a seam ripper to remove the small pocket because it adds no use to the jeans and looks cool with the dark contrast. Then, I pinned up the center of the jeans and sewed them to create a fold. I then cut the center of this fold and used seam rippers to pull out the threads to create a distressed affect.
Overall, I think this project went extremely well and it's easy enough that anyone with a sewing machine could achieve this same look. The only obstacle I came across was sizing issues, because I had to sew a second fold so they could fit better. However, I would recommend this project to anyone as a way to recycle clothing you no longer wear.
-Thora


Comments
Post a Comment